OPTICAL GLASS PRODUCTS
FILTER GLASS SELECTIVELY TRANSMITS LIGHT
Filter glass transmits light over a specific range of wavelengths and blocks the remainder of light. Advantages of using filter glass for optical components include:
- Many filter glass options (band pass
filters, long pass filters,
short pass filters, neutral density filters)
- Precisely controlled composition and glass melting processes
- Excellent homogeneity, free from bubbles and inclusions
- Filter glass can be lower cost than thin film coated filters
- Filter glass can be more durable than thin film coated filters
- Filter glass can be used as substrates for thin film coated filters
FILTER GLASS HAS MANY APPLICATIONS
Filter glass is used in areas including astronomy, digital imaging (CCD), displays (CRT, LCD, FED), fiber optics, high-power laser attenuators, lighting, machine vision, medical devices, night vision, optoelectronic devices, photography, protective eyewear (ex. for X-ray technicians), spectroscopy, and telecommunications. Filter glasses can be extremely beautiful and are also used in glass art.
LET AGI SUPPLY YOUR FILTER GLASS BLANKS & SUBSTRATES
Click here for a list of filter glasses and industrial glasses in stock at Advanced Glass Industries. AGI works closely with our suppliers to ensure the fastest delivery of filter glasses that we don't have on hand.Learn more about our manufacturing capabilities. Request a quote online , download our RFQ pdf, or give us a call today.